Positions Currently Available:
Bilingual Commercial General Liability Adjuster
Apply now »Location: Santa Ana, CA, US
Job ID #: 4520 Location: Santa Ana, CA
Functional Area: Claims SBU: 85100 - Risk Management Claims
Position Type: Full - Time
Education Required: Not Indicated
Experience Required: 5 - 7 Years
Relocation Provided: No
“Delivering on promises for over 160 years!”
Hanover Insurance is a winning company comprised of outstanding professionals focused on a single vision: to be the very best in our business. At The Hanover you will have the opportunity to: Grow Your Career, Love What You Do and Be Valued for Your Contributions.
Apply today and discover:
- Why, in 2010 and 2011, we were recognized by The Boston Globe as a “Top Places to Work” and by Business Insurance as a “Best Places to Work”.
- How we continue to grow stronger through acquisitions, increased product offerings and unparalleled credit rating agency upgrades in the industry.
- How we build unique relationships with our Employees, Agent Partners and Customers.
…what it’s like to work for the best insurance company in the industry!!
The Hanover Insurance Group is seeking a bilingual (English/Spanish) Sr Commercial General Liability Adjuster in our Santa Ana, CA office.
This position requires daily telephone contacts with the commercial line policyholders, risk managers, and agents. Fully responsible for the analysis, investigation, evaluation, negotiation and resolution of complex commercial claims requiring thorough investigations including telephone contacts with the involved parties; technical expertise and complex analysis. Claim assignments are multi-state and involve commercial customers.
- Must have or secure and maintain appropriate state adjuster license(s) and continuing education credits.
- Handle complex commercial liability claims.
- Works within significant limits and authority on assignments of higher technical complexity and coordination.
- Uses discretion and independent judgment in claim handling
- Identifies possibly suspicious claims
- Possesses demonstrated technical knowledge and skills, including product and industry.
- Claims handled will be of greater complexity and will require a higher level of investigation, analysis, evaluation and negotiation including interpretation of commercial coverages.
- Claims handled will involve moderate complexity, severity and exposures
- Authority levels are higher in recognition of the higher proficiency associated with this level.
- May be responsible for all aspects of each claim, including informal hearings, arbitrations and small claims litigation and maintaining a high level of productivity, confidentiality and customer service.
- They may be used as a technical resource by adjusters. May represent the company at mediation, arbitration and trials.
- May provide training and mentoring to adjusters.
- Assignments are broad in nature, usually requiring originality and ingenuity.
- Review and analyze contracts, leases, and identify risk transfer opportunities? Demonstrate ability to write positional coverage letters.
Required Skills, Key Competencies and Experience:
- Must be bilingual - Fluent in Spanish & English.
- Typically has 4 to 10 years Commercial General Liability experience
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent experience, industry designation preferred.
- Dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers
- Makes decisions in an informed, confident and timely manner
- Maintains constructive working relationships despite differing perspectives
- Considers the perspectives of others and gives them credibility
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to negotiate skillfully in difficult situations with both internal and external groups. Demonstrates ability to win concessions without damaging relationships.
- Demonstrates strong written and verbal communication skills. Promotes and facilitates free and open communication.
- Understanding of applicable statutes, regulations and case law
- Thinks critically and anticipates, recognizes, identifies and develops solutions to problems in a timely manner.
- Easily adapts to new or different changing situations, requirements or priorities.
- Cultivates an environment of teamwork and collaboration
- Operates with latitude for un-reviewed action or decision.
- Computer experience (MS Office, excel, word, etc)
- Proficient using Claims systems (i.e. CSS, PMS, HCS, etc.)
- Ability to work in a paperless environment
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Ability to use a personal computer and other standard office equipment
- Ability to travel as necessary
- Ability to sit and/or stand for extended periods
Benefits To Joining The Hanover Team:
- Competitive Pay and Benefits
- Retirement/401(k) Program
- Beneficiary and Ability Assist Programs
- Travel Assistance Program
- Adoption Benefit
- Wellness Programs
- Matching Education Gifts Plan
- Employee Development/Education Assistance and Professional/Industry Designation Programs
- Generous "Time Off With Pay"
The Hanover Insurance Group, Inc. (NYSE: THG), based in Worcester, Mass., is the holding company for a group of insurers that includes The Hanover Insurance Company, also based in Worcester; Citizens Insurance Company of America, headquartered in Howell, Mich., and their affiliates. The Hanover offers a wide range of property and casualty products and services to individuals, families and businesses through an extensive network of independent agents, and has been meeting its obligations to its agent partners and their customers for more than 150 years. Taken as a group, The Hanover ranks among the top 40 property and casualty insurers in the United States.
The Hanover Insurance Group provides equal opportunity for employment and promotion to all qualified employees and applicants. No person shall be discriminated against in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal or state statutes. The company is willing to provide reasonable accommodation to all qualified disabled persons in order to assist them in performing the essential functions of their positions. The Company is committed to maintaining an environment in which all employees are treated equitably and given the opportunity to achieve in the workplace.
The SCCA would like to support the individual success of our members as well as our industry community. The purpose of our Job Board is to help pair employees with employers, however does not endorse or recommend any individual or company.